The benefits of using drones in construction
“Drones have successfully been used to provide an objective view of a site’s development, which is particularly useful when disputes arise regarding a timescale not being met.” – Skycatch.
Some other common benefits of using a drone on a site include:
- Inspection of hard to reach structures
- Safety and workflow surveys
- Digital photography and documentation
- Monitoring environmental factors
- Monitoring and improving worker safety
It is clear that using drones has many advantages not least where traditional systems such as ladders, scaffolding or abseiling have a much greater risk.